NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION
Clinical Infectious Diseases Society (hereinafter referred to as CIDS)
LOCATION OF THE OFFICE
The office of the CIDS shall remain in India and presently is at the following address:
84, Mehar Arcade Complex 1st Floor,
Ida Scudder Road,
AREA OF OPERATION
The area of operation of CIDS shall be all over India
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The main objectives of the society are:
Education & training:
- To develop and offer a high quality training program in Infectious Diseases for physicians
- To organise lectures, symposia, seminars, panel discussions, refresher courses and CME (continuing medical education) meetings in Infectious Diseases
- To develop and promote a high level of research in Infectious Diseases in India
- To facilitate cooperation and interaction between physicians and the governmental bodies on infectious diseases policymaking in India
- To develop as key opinion makers for issues related to Infectious Disease
Exchange of ideas and professional advancement:
- To associate with the activities of academic and other bodies with identical aims and objectives as those of CIDSI and to cooperate with such bodies in the furtherance of the aims and objectives of CIDS
- To confer grants, fellowships, research scholarships or travel grants to deserving applicants, who would undertake research in Infectious Diseases in India
- To participate and assist in any support group related to Infectious Diseases
Popularisation of the specialty
- To commission and publish general information on Infectious Diseases, for physicians, patients, or the public
TO ACHIEVE THE ABOVE OBJECTS, ACTIVITIES SHALL BE UNDERTAKEN AS HEREUNDER
- To raise and collect funds by way of subscriptions, donations, contributions, grant-in-aid etc., from the Members, Govt. and Private or Public Institutions from India or abroad.
- To acquire and hold properties – movable and immovable by way of purchase, hire, lease and mortgage or otherwise and to improve, develop and / or dispose of the same.
- To undertake such other activities conductive to the above objects.
The income of the association, by whatever means it might have been derived, shall not be distributed as dividend or gifts amongst its members and shall be utilised only for fulfillment of the objects of the association.
The president or the secretary of the association are authorised to file the memorandum of association and the rules and regulations and to correspond with the registrar of societies.
In case of winding-up the net funds of society, should be transferred to institution having similar objectives. the institution is irrevocable and not motivated to profit.